Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- John Cena vs. The Fiend at WrestleMania 36 “will get a full blown movie treatment with a unique look & feel”, according to Gorilla Position. It’ll be shot in a warehouse, like the Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt House of Horrors match at Payback in 2017.
- Not only did WWE not reach out to CM Punk for WrestleMania this year, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that the company is against the idea of him ever wrestling for them again. There’s apparently more bitterness from WWE toward Punk now than vice versa.
- There’s some confusion about the SmackDown Women’s title Six-Pack Challenge, as WWE.com posted an article removing Dana Brooke from the match, then deleting it. You can still see the image without Brooke on the WrestleMania 36 show page.
- WWE filmed this week’s NXT at Full Sail yesterday, per Wrestling Observer, so we will get new matches on Wednesday.
- Also from the Observer, the lumberjack match AEW announced last week won’t be happening on Dynamite because it would have required too many people be on set.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.