Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that Bayley vs. Sasha Banks was planned for WrestleMania 36 at one point but it was ultimately decided to hold off because they couldn’t build a feud between them fast enough.
- He also said WWE and ESPN have continued to negotiate regarding a pay-per-view deal but they’re far apart on money.
- PW Insider notes that Paige was going to travel to Florida to appear on SmackDown live and in person last week but while she was waiting at the airport WWE changed their minds and had her stay home.
- Although WWE hasn’t made it official yet, Baron Corbin vs. Elias is happening at WrestleMania 36.
- Impact Wrestling’s Rebellion pay-per-view is being listed as cancelled on the ticketing page now. Impact hasn’t officially announced as much just yet.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.