Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There may be more than 16 matches at WrestleMania 36 now that it’s being done over two nights, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- There were apparently rumors that CM Punk could come back to WWE at WrestleMania 36 but PW Insider says there has still been zero communication between Punk and WWE since he started working for FOX.
- Post Wrestling notes that a memo circulating within WWE says to promote WrestleMania 36 by saying “Too Big for One Night” and avoid using “streaming live on WWE Network.”
- The Observer says there is now a lot of concern in Japan over WWE possibly opening an NXT outpost there.
- Charles Robinson told Sean Mooney on his Prime Time podcast that Vince McMahon wants referees to count wrestlers out if they aren’t paying attention to the 10 count when they’re outside the ring. That’s even if that isn’t the planned finish.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.