Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The WWE roster’s reaction to WrestleMania moving from a stadium to closed sets has included bewilderment and anger, says Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue.
- Alberto El Patron has again been claiming he’s been in communication with WWE about a return, but TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy says his sources deny that.
- WWE will lose around $22 million due to WrestleMania week being cancelled, estimates Wrestlenomics (via NoDQ.com).
- Becky Lynch’s custom semi from Raw was originally intended for her WrestleMania entrance, per PW Insider.
- The closed set show from Freelance Wrestling that Mustafa Ali is supporting was renamed from In Our Warehouse to Warehouse Wars, allegedly because WWE sent them a cease & desist over the original name.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.