Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- All the big names scheduled for Monday Night Raw this week, like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker, AJ Styles, and Edge, are all still going to appear on the show.
- PW Insider notes that WWE sent out an email to employees telling them to work from home if they have the ability to do so.
- According to the Observer, wrestlers have been told they don’t have to come to television tapings if they aren’t comfortable right now and there will be no repercussions if they don’t.
- For whatever it’s worth, Vince McMahon wasn’t at SmackDown this past week.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted AEW are going to go ahead with current booking for the immediate future, but farther out is unclear.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.