Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy tweeted that moving WrestleMania 36 to June or July is one of WWE’s contingency plans.
- Whenever WrestleMania happens this year, Rob Gronkowski won’t have a match. Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the recently signed Gronk isn’t set to appear on the show in an in-ring capacity.
- The Observer Newsletter also says Nia Jax is expected to work Raw when she returns to action.
- The latest on The Revival, WWE has apparently sent Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder home. Fightful says they’ve also stopped paying or “extremely scaled back” their pay because they’ve already hit their downside guarantees.
- Lots of places, including Wrestling Inc, have speculated that the angle that started with guys in lucha libre masks abducting Raul Mendoza on this week’s NXT will lead to the debut of Jorge Bolly (aka King Cuerno and El Hijo del Fantasma).
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.