Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The idea to have Shayna Baszler run through all five of her opponents at Elimination Chamber was one Paul Heyman originally wanted to use for CM Punk, says WrestlingNews.co. Vince McMahon shot it down then.
- The reason they went with it this time was because everyone was expecting Baszler to win anyway, so it was an attempt to make Baszler stand out as a “monster heel”.
- Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue claims John Cena lobbied to take the pin from Bray Wyatt at Elimination Chamber 2017 and again on the SmackDown fallout show. Should be a good sign for those hoping The Fiend goes over at WrestleMania 36.
- WWE had a “no touching” policy at weekend meet & greets in response to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, according to PW Insider & JJ Williams. It’s not known if this will be in effect for WrestleMania Axxess.
- New Japan will decide in the next few days whether or not to resume shows next Monday, per Wrestling Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.