Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider says there is not any sort of plan for the WWE Network to shut down and work on a tiered version of it continues.
- They also say that Vince McMahon announcing that WWE is open for business as far as selling off streaming rights came as a shock to many within the company.
- Rusev has been taken off TV due to a contract dispute, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- They also say the heat Matt Riddle has in WWE is Vince McMahon not being a fan of his going after Brock Lesnar and Goldberg on social media, and McMahon seeing him as someone who “has no respect for the hierarchy of the business.”
- The Observer says there’s still talk within New Japan of doing a show in Madison Square Garden this summer, possibly August.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.