Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A local advertisement is saying Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Shinsuke Nakamura, Baron Corbin, and Robert Roode are set for the Elimination Chamber match next month. Post Wrestling notes those names are likely just placeholders and there will probably be changes to the lineup before the show.
- PW Insider says MVP came back to WWE to work as a producer, or at least that’s the word going around within the company.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the entire idea behind the Charlotte Flair story right now is to build viewership for NXT.
- Speaking of that, Insider says Flair is scheduled to appear at NXT TakeOver: Portland for some kind of angle.
- Per the Observer, the New Japan Wrestle Dynasty show ending up on SummerSlam weekend was just a coincidence. They also say neither Jon Moxley nor Chris Jericho will be working the show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.