Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleTalk says WWE is still hoping to have The Rock vs. Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 37 next year.
- They also say that if that can’t happen, other wrestlers thrown around as possibilities include Big E, Daniel Bryan, Drew McIntyre, and Goldberg.
- Per SI, AEW has plans for Sting to wrestle, although he won’t be working or wrestling anywhere near a full time schedule.
- According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Alexa Bliss missed Raw this week because she was in LA doing a remake of Punky Brewster.
- PW Insider notes that many wrestlers are frustrated with Bruce Prichard, with WrestlingNews.co saying the frustration is over a lack of television time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.