Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On the Dynamite post-show, Tony Schiavone said AEW is re-designing the TNT title, and Darby Allin will carry the new look belt. The version given to Brodie Lee Jr. last night is his for life. No one else will ever hold that design.
- An update on Riddle’s WWE contract status from Fightful Select says he was not impressed by the company’s first offer, but after being presented with revised terms, sources say he did sign a multi-year deal last week.
- Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp tweeted that WWE and AEW “both acquired some photos and materials featuring Jon Huber/Brodie Lee and his early career.” We saw some in the show-closing video on Dynamite. It’s believed WWE will use them in the tribute they filmed material for at Raw this week.
- Eve Torres will appear on Monday’s Raw for Legends Night, according to Wrestling Inc. Teddy Long told the site he believes he’ll be on the show.
- WWE recently filed trademark claims on the names Nash Carter, Wes Lee, Shi Zui, Shi Gun & Tian Sha.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.