Along with shuffling their schedule to make room for tonight’s superbly executed Brodie Lee tribute show, AEW made some additions and tweaks to the New Year’s Smash episodes of Dynamite that will air the next two Wednesday nights.
Next week added an eight-man tag match featuring the current & first ever Tag Team champs against two recent challengers. Snoop Dogg’s appearance stays on Jan. 6 even with the other changes, and the Cody vs. Matt Sydal match scheduled for night two of the event will also shift to night one.
That second card picked up several additions, including a big PAC vs. Eddie Kingston match which has been brewing since the Bastard’s return in early November. Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa will face off for the first time in another simmering program, and Miro’s rivalry with Best Friends continues when he battles Chuck Taylor.
Here’s a look at the final line-ups:
- Kenny Omega (c) vs. Rey Fenix for the World championship
- Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Abadon for the Women’s title
- Jake Hager vs. Wardlow
- Jon Moxley returns
- The Young Bucks & SCU vs. The Acclaimed & TH2
- Cody vs. Matt Sydal
- Snoop Dogg and Chris Jericho on commentary
- Darby Allin (c) vs. Brian Cage for the TNT championship
- FTR vs. Jurassic Express
- PAC vs. Eddie Kingston
- Dr. Britt Baker vs. Thunder Rosa
- Miro vs. Chuck Taylor
Sound like a good way to start the year?