Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, Ryback recently claimed he heard Vince McMahon’s “health isn’t great these days.”
- Fightful Select notes that Charlotte Flair wasn’t originally planned to be involved in the Lana/Nia Jax/Shayna Baszler/Asuka storyline. The decision to change plans came just after Survivor Series.
- WWE has filed for a trademark for “The Hardy Bros,” leading to speculation Jeff Hardy and Matt Riddle will be teaming for a while.
- WWE Network News says Bayley will be the next guest on Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions.
- Riho is done with Stardom now, says the Observer, because they wanted talent to be exclusive and she is still on a deal with AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.