Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Daniel Bryan told BT Sport that he will be a part-time wrestler when he signs his next contract, which is coming up soon.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Pat McAfee will be off TV “for a while,” maybe as far out as spring and it was a WWE call.
- They also say NXT is being written with a long term vision in mind with rare changes, unlike Raw and SmackDown which change often leading into the show.
- The Observer says the Slammy Awards this year were determined by a legitimate fan vote, at least for the major categories.
- There’s talk that Rush and Dragon Lee have re-signed with Ring of Honor.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.