Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ronda Rousey told Digital Spy she worked her last WWE run while the bottom vertebrae in her back was “actually broken in half.”
- Both WWE and Keith Lee filed trademark claims on “Keith Lee”. Heel By Nature reports WWE was told their August claim would be rejected if they didn’t provide Lee’s consent by Dec. 31. Lee filed his claim last week.
- In last week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer speculated that Lars Sullivan was removed from SmackDown’s plans because WWE wants to push him as an unbeatable heel and the show already has one of those in Roman Reigns.
- AJ Styles didn’t know ahead of time that Impact was going to use Swoggle as “The Wee-nomenal One”, according to Fightful. The site’s sources say he thought it was great though, and the bit was a big hit in the WWE locker room.
- On the ROH Strong podcast, former Ring of Honor owner Cary Silkin said he got “rinky-dink offers” from CM Punk and Jeff Jarrett for the promotion before he sold it to Sinclair Broadcasting in 2011.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.