Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On the Wrestling Observer Board, Dave Meltzer said his sources told him the rumor about USA’s reaction to Raw’s ratings isn’t true. The network is disappointed and does suggest ideas, but have not pushed for dark, adult content.
- TLC’s Firefly Inferno match was pre-taped on Sunday afternoon, per WrestleVotes. It was not originally scheduled to be the main event.
- A Heel By Nature report indicated AEW recently filed to trademark ‘AEW Elevation’ and ‘AEW Dark’, leading to speculation by that site and others that Elevation will be the name of the company’s new third hour on a WarnerMedia property.
- Impact will tape with Kenny Omega this week in Florida, says PW Insider. The material will be used in episodes leading up to his match at Hard To Kill on Jan. 16, 2021.
- Lucha Bros deals with AEW expired on August 31, but according to WrestleZone Penta El Zero M & Rey Fenix extended them for another year on that date.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.