Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is hoping to have a decision on having fans at Royal Rumble by Jan. 7, per WrestleVotes, but odds are 50/50 right now.
- The Royal Rumble pay-per-view, by the way, is currently looking like it will happen on Jan. 31.
- According to PW Insider, Bruce Prichard has gained a lot of power in WWE, to the point that all creative goes through both Prichard and Vince McMahon. This has led to some heat on Prichard among talents.
- They also say there was considerable pushback against the opening segment from Raw this week featuring Randy Orton, Alexa Bliss, and Bray Wyatt, but it was a Vince McMahon vision and he wanted it.
- Per Insider, Dabba-Kato and Arturo Ruas, who were being used on Raw Underground before it went away, have been at Raw recently but aren’t being used because it’s felt they need more seasoning before becoming TV regulars.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.