Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- talkSPORT has a source telling them that USA Network is “furious” over low viewership for Monday Night Raw and they “want more adult content. Not sexy adult, but dark and violent adult.”
- Wrestling Inc says Triple H has assembled a team to oversee a new NXT show, likely for the Network, that was targeted for early 2021 but has since been pushed back. Dave Meltzer, meanwhile, has said talks of a new NXT show have been ongoing for a while and nothing is official at this point.
- Per the Observer, Bobby Lashley vs. Riddle for the U.S. title is on the books for Royal Rumble next month.
- PW Insider notes that the belief is Kenny Omega won’t wrestle on Impact before Hard to Kill next month.
- They also say Madison Rayne is leaving Impact Wrestling for a job outside of pro wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.