Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite Ric Flair’s comments on ESPN, PW Insider reports their sources say nothing’s changed over the last several years and a physical WWE Hall of Fame is still in the discussion phase.
- According to WrestlingNews.co, some wrestlers in AEW are upset with Jim Ross criticizing matches on his podcast, with one telling the site they’ll be less likely to listen to “the guy who is supposed to help put us over is going out there and publicly burying us.”
- NXT’s new India brand will initially tape in Orlando with hopes of premiering on the country’s Republic Day holiday (Jan. 26), per Sportskeeda. Jinder Mahal, the Singhs, and other roster members of South Asian descent are expected to take part in its opening tournament.
- On a PW Torch podcast, Jonny Fairplay said that Robert Stone told him he planned to manage Melina in NXT, and now that that’s fallen through “he has no idea what he’s going to do.”
- PW Insider notes that RUSH’s ROH contract is up at the end of the year, and his brother Dragon Lee has also drawn a lot of interest from other promotions.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.