Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Lana is expected to be out for several weeks, according to PW Insider, and maybe up to a full month.
- Insider also notes that Keith Lee was originally scheduled to wrestle The Miz in a singles match on Raw this week before it was changed late to a handicap match. He was booked to lose that match as well.
- Finally, they say management was unhappy about numerous segments running long during Raw this week.
- Per WrestleVotes, a group of writers in WWE were asked to make a list of underutilized talent who might do well if given the chance and names including the likes of Cesaro, Angel Garza, Chad Gable, Carmella, and Peyton Royce.
- They also note that, not surprisingly, the record low Raw viewership numbers aren’t sitting well within WWE and reactionary decisions could be coming.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.