Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Charlotte Flair’s booking in NXT earlier this year was the subject of a recent Fightful Select report. Sources told them all of NXT’s plans had to be run by Raw creative. When they were, they’d often get shot down.
- Rhea Ripley was originally supposed to beat Flair at WrestleMania 36, but the plan was changed. NXT also made a “big push” to get Bianca Belair added to the match, but couldn’t make it happen.
- According to bodyslam.net, Penta El Zero M injured his leg while training recently and the table spot on Dynamite last night was to write him off while it heals.
- WWE recently filed a trademark for “Karen Kwan”. It’s believed that will be the name used by Karen Q. Speculation is the Xia Li/Boa vignettes on NXT are leading to her debut.
- PW Insider says a recent virtual company-wide meeting at WWE was primarily to introduce new President & Chief Revenue Officer Nick Khan. Employees were also told they’re still working toward moving to the new Stamford headquarters building “slowly, but surely.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.