Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mustafa Ali tweeted that his episode of Corey Graves’ After the Bell podcast was “heavily censored” because talking about backstage politics was “too much” for the higher ups in WWE.
- Cody Rhodes told the media that he does not plan to use his newly acquired last name on AEW television. He’ll instead use it for third party deals like the game show he recently taped.
- According to Fightful, WWE has reached out to several wrestlers who have appeared on AEW Dark and NJPW Strong.
- On The List & Ya Boy podcast, Sean Ross Sapp mentioned that NXT is exempt “for now” from WWE’s take over of its superstars’ Twitch accounts.
- PW Insider details a WWE virtual town hall meeting where a new work policy was discussed which will allow some employees in the corporate office to work from home.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.