All Elite Wrestling comes our way live from Jacksonville, Florida. Last week, Hangman Page beat Wardlow, Eddie Kingston, and Jon Moxley traded promos, The Young Bucks are putting all future championship opportunities on the line, MJF got embarrassed in a town hall, The Dark Order ruined the Orange Cassidy’s TNT championship dreams, Penelope crushed her OC Halloween costume, Hikaru Shida answered Nyla Rose’s challenge, and Kenny Omega defeated Penta El Zero.
This Week’s Headliner:
In true “go-home” fashion, there is simultaneously a lot happening and nothing new. The whole PPV is more or less set, and this is AEW’s last chance to convince you to shell out actual money for the event.
Tonight’s big draw is The AEW Champion, Jon Moxley, meeting face-to-face with his one-time friend and family member, Eddie Kingston. The two have been trading promos and potshots for the past couple of weeks but haven’t met face to face it a few. It’s sure to be explosive, as Moxley is always a wild card, and Kingston comes with a formidable crew.
Tonight, it’s about maximizing the tension between the two and reminding the audience just what’s at stake for these two men if they say, “I quit.”
The Title Scene:
The TNT Champion Cody & his new Nightmare Family teammates Gunn Club will be facing off with The Dark Order tonight. It’s retaliation for Dark Order interrupting Cody’s championship match with Orange Cassidy last week (OC will get his revenge on the Full Gear pre-show), but it’s also a chance for The Nightmare Family to show off their new members. Outside of a few AEW Dark shows, we haven’t seen a lot of this father-son duo, and tonight will be a nice change of pace.
Ah, the AEW Women’s Championship. What to say? What to say? Like ALWAYS, the women’s match for the PPV was randomly decided a mere week and a half before the show when Hikaru Shida answered Nyla Rose’s call for a championship match. Oh, you didn’t know about Nyla Rose’s declaration that she wouldn’t wrestle until she got a championship match? That’s probably because it didn’t happen on the main show. After all, why would we put an entire rosters main-belt storyline on the main show when we can do it in less than five minutes.
Tonight, Nyla Rose will warm up against Red Velvet in a match that I’m sure will last less than five minutes.
* heavy sigh *
There are no matches booked for either team facing off for the Tag Team Championships tonight. However, we can still expect some FTR promo making fun of the Young Bucks and their stupid decision to put all future tag team championship opportunities on the line. It’s probably safe to expect some errant superkicks too.
Other Things to Keep an Eye On:
- MJF & Wardlow will face off with the Inner Circle’s Sammy Guevara & Ortiz. Not really sure how this is supposed to ingratiate MJF to Chris Jericho, but this storyline always has kind of been a mess. Fun? Absolutely! Cogent? Eh. They needed an excuse to write a musical.
- Miro is still hung up on his video game being destroyed, and he’ll be taking out those feelings tonight against Trent Beretta.
- Scorpio Sky will wrestle constant pain in his ass, Shawn Spears, tonight. Expect it to be the first of many bouts between the two.
- Lance Archer will probably bitch about being left out.
- Taz & Co. still want an answer from Hobbs.
- Darby Allin will probably throw himself off a bridge in a steel-lined body bag or something. Idk. He’s weird.
Tune into AEW on TNT at 8 p.m. EST to see how this all plays out!