Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that Braun Strowman’s knee injury is legit, and it’s not likely that he’ll be in the WWE championship match on Dec. 20 at TLC 2020.
- According to Meltzer, one reason why SmackDown hasn’t been announcing many segments ahead of time in recent weeks is because Vince McMahon arrives at the building late, and nobody knows what to do until he gets there.
- Ringside News was told that four matches are approved for TLC right now: Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens, Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan vs. Jey Uso, and Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler vs. Asuka & Lana.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter mentions that the term “codebreaker” is currently banned from WWE commentary.
- WWE producer D-Von Dudley revealed on his podcast that he’s off from work dealing with health issues. PW Insider notes that he has not been at the last few weeks of television tapings.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.