Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Observer, SmackDown was apparently a “mess” backstage with the show still being worked on close to it going on the air. This has become a regular occurrence of late.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan is planned but they’re leaning towards holding off on it until Royal Rumble and booking something else for TLC.
- They also say that Bryan could be in the main event of TLC, as that has also been discussed.
- Ringside News notes that the Wobbly Walrus character was dropped from Firefly Fun House because it was a Paul Heyman spoof and they never went through with the idea of a Roman Reigns-Bray Wyatt feud.
- As of now, there are no plans for Jon Moxley to go to the Tokyo Dome show, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.