Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sources in WWE creative tell Ringside News there’s been no mention of Eva Marie and therefore no plans for her return angle. Reports from September said Eva had re-signed with the company.
- During an appearance on Dan Matha’s Spark in the Dark podcast (H/T Post Wrestling) former NXT wrestler Cezar Bononi said he made $600 - $750 per week on his developmental contract. He also claimed WWE “never wanted to help” him get his Green Card.
- PW Insider says there’s been a “renewed push” for WWE referees to enforce rules and call matches as if they were real.
- The double countout and restart of the Hurt Business vs. New Day match on Raw this week happened because of that. According to Wrestling Observer Live, Kofi Kingston & Shelton Benjamin botched their spot and couldn’t make the ten count.
- Fit Finlay and Shane “Hurricane” Helms have returned to work at WWE as producers, per PW Insider. Both were among those furloughed in April.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.