Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Big E was supposed to qualify for Team SmackDown on last week’s episode, but his match was cut due to time constraints.
- Fightful also says it’s believed that Arturo Ruas suffered a legitimate torn biceps on this week’s NXT episode.
- There is speculation that one reason why there have been minimal cross-brand interactions in the lead up to Survivor Series is to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- Artem Chigvintsev told Us Magazine that Nikki Bella has had talks with WWE about a return to the ring with Brie.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that AEW is really struggling to sell tickets for their Dynamite episodes at Daily’s Place in Jacksonville, Florida.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.