Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned Zelina Vega was essentially given a choice to stop Twitch or be fired and she was adamant about continuing her streaming.
- He also mentioned there is a growing resentment in the locker room now that house shows are gone and that source of revenue has dried up and hasn’t been replaced.
- According to Ringside News, Chelsea Green was supposed to win the Survivor Series qualifying match on SmackDown this past week before getting hurt.
- Brodie Lee has been out because of an injury, maybe to his ankle, said Meltzer on his Observer Forum.
- Per the Observer, AEW Full Gear did roughly 100,000 buys on pay-per-view, particularly doing well overseas.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.