Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider notes that Zelina Vega’s release was indeed due to the recent edict from WWE for talent to drop relationships with third party entities like Twitch.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Twitter that Vega’s release is believed to also have something to do with her having an OnlyFans and the company wanting her to get rid of that.
- WrestleVotes notes that while it may not be directly related, Aleister Black recently asked to be moved back to NXT and was told no.
- WWE has to be out of the Amway Center by Dec. 5 and the leading candidate is Tropicana Field until the next baseball season starts, per the Observer.
- Per Meltzer, there’s a major announcement coming on Sunday regarding something to do with women’s wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.