Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, Braun Strowman is now considered a babyface internally at WWE.
- They also say there has been talk of reviving Tribute to the Troops next month.
- Insider also passes along word that Vince McMahon missed SmackDown last week and Bruce Prichard ran the show in his place.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, it was noted WWE is considering Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida as a possible site for the ThunderDome. WWE has apparently looked at other indoor buildings in Florida as well.
- Per Fightful, WWE could be bringing back No Way Jose. A recent trademark filing for “The Way” could be related to as much.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.