Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE filed trademark claims for several old WCW event names recently, Heel By Nature confirmed. That included ”Bash At The Beach”, which would explain why AEW’s January theme show will be “Beach Break” this year.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that SmackDown’s Aalyah Mysterio/Murphy story could be modeled on a Konnan angle from Puerto Rico’s CWC. If that turns out to be the case, we’d be headed toward a wedding segment where Seth Rollins reveals he manipulated the entire situation.
- Spanish language commentator Jerry Soto was also among WWE’s latest releases, according to Super Luchas.
- 10 - 15 people are believed to have been released in total, per PW Insider.
- IWA Puerto Rico announced Savio Vega will be at Survivor Series for Undertaker’s Final Farewell.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.