Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mick Foley told talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy that he had a “top secret meeting” with Vince McMahon recently. Details are supposed to come out soon.
- Support from “several people behind-the-scenes” led to Chad Gable getting his name back, per WrestlingNews.co. Daniel Bryan is said to be one of Gable’s supporters.
- There’s speculation WWE will soon change Lars Sullivan’s name to “The Freak”.
- Multiple sites report that Kylie Rae travelled to Nashville to work Bound For Glory and did not miss her Knockouts title match due to injury. No one would comment on the circumstances, but sources told PW Insider she’s still in good standing with the company and will return when she’s able to.
- WWE talents will undergo a mandatory training on healthy relationships this Wednesday, according to Wrestling Observer Newsletter. It’s part of an attempt to change the culture after the #SpeakingOut movement.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.