Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A new Fightful Select report on Paul Heyman’s time as Raw Executive Director says he designed the post-2019 Draft roster with an emphasis on more polished, underutilized workers. He even passed on established names like Braun Strowman for that reason.
- Some sources told the site Triple H could have had the Raw job if he’d wanted it. Stephanie McMahon didn’t want it either; she was happy with her Chief Brand Officer position.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said AJ Styles’ bodyguard Jordan Omogbehin is in that role because his ring work hasn’t been impressive.
- Mance Warner asked to be let out of his MLW contract according to bodyslam.net, but the company denied his request.
- Earlier this month, bodyslam’s Cassidy Haynes reported AEW & Warner were interested in working together.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.