Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
This week’s episode of Being the Elite had a potentially explosive story turn in the friendship between Hangman Page and the Young Bucks. The Bucks reached out to patch things up, but the text message response was quite rude. It may or may not have been sent by Hangman himself.
“I Love You Dude” - Being The Elite, Ep. 225 (here) featured:
- The episode opened with a flashback of Hangman Page asking the Young Bucks to be ringside for support in his title match against Chris Jericho. The Bucks claimed they were too busy, so Hangman let them slide.
- Colt Cabana was still looking like Michael Nakazawa and used it too his advantage. He entered the Elite’s locker room without threat of being killed by Kenny Omega. Omega told Nak to get on his knees like he does before every Dynamite. The implication was oral sex. Omega pulled down his pants and Nak opened wide. It was actually to help spray tan Omega’s thighs. At the end, Omega requested to be sucked off.
- The Bucks chatted about who to superkick. Marvez ran away at the urging of Justin Roberts. Roberts then superkicked himself with his own foot.
- Speaking Spanglish saw Ortiz kidnapped by the Alex Reynolds and John Silver. They were going to force Ortiz to drink the Kool-Aid when their Chili’s food delivery arrived outside. Santana located Ortiz and untied him. Alex Abrahantes came in to willingly drink the beverage.
- The BTE Championship will be awarded through a gator golf tournament. Matt Jackson beat Nick Jackson in the first matchup.
- Hangman and Brandon Cutler threw watermelons and pumpkins with great exuberance while on the back of a truck. Cutler wanted Hangman to patch things up with the Bucks. Hangman was sick of hearing about it. He was super drunk, put his phone in a pumpkin, and walked away.
- Trent beat Chuck Taylor in gator golf.
- Leva Bates recited, “Jump,” lyrics to Frankie Kazarian leading to the, “Do ya!?!” routine.
- Matt Hardy advised the Bucks to awkwardly turn their bodies while watching the monitor backstage.
Doing my best to give back to the biz & teach these @youngbucks how to do TV.— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) October 14, 2020
I’m motivated to help teach all the @AEW performers the way the biz REALLY works - Especially those who aren’t familiar with the "old school" ways. pic.twitter.com/WNuYccDbGu
- Evil Uno found Stu Grayson behind an overturned table. It was Anna Jay’s doing. Uno asked her to take it easy on Stu for two weeks. After Uno left, she pushed Stu over the table.
- Cutler forcefully tried to get the Bucks to forgive Hangman. He shared that Hangman is always talking about them. Hangman can’t get over the rejection of not being seconded. Cutler explained why that was such a big deal as a show of support. He then asked the Bucks to second him against Peter Avalon on Dark. Matt and Nick agreed to do it. (Spoiler: The Bucks didn’t show up.) Cutler’s words were convincing, so Matt texted Hangman to talk it out.
- Silver beat Reynolds in gator golf.
- The Dark Order brainstormed ideas to cheer up Mr. Brodie Lee after his loss to Cody. Mr. Brodie was angry at them not being present to counter Arn Anderson. He ordered them all to leave except for Silver. Silver may have finally found his way into Mr. Brodie’s good graces.
- Someone picked up Hangman’s phone and returned Matt’s message to vulgarly say their friendship is over. Matt was boiling with angry at that reply.
Ooh! A mystery is afoot. I really don’t think Hangman sent that text. I’d put my money on Kenny Omega or someone from the Dark Order. This is an intriguing twist for BTE, but I’m not sure how well it will play out on Dynamite as a side mention on commentary, if mentioned at all. Also, chucking large pieces of fruit out of a truck looks like fun. Hopefully there were farms animals in the vicinity to clean up the mess and not waste food.
“Road to Anniversary Show” (here) hyped AEW’s one year in the TV business. There is an interesting montage of cool moments, but I wouldn’t say it is mandatory viewing before the big show tonight. The second half had a package for Jon Moxley defending the AEW World Championship against Lance Archer. It was mostly made up of previous material.
MJF has a huge announcement coming. Could it be about Sammy Guevara’s jacket?
Still working on that jacket @sammyguevara!— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) October 13, 2020
It’s coming buddy I promise!!!!!!
MJF has also been busy schmoozing with Santana and Ortiz.
EAST SIDE!!! New York is in the house. Gosh I love @Santana_Proud and @Ortiz_Powerful— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) October 13, 2020
I think they, along with all of you, will find my announcement to be very “dope”. pic.twitter.com/JyYKlBseY6
What do you think will be MJF’s huge announcement? Do you believe Hangman Page sent that text to the Young Bucks? If not, who do you suspect as the evil culprit?