Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per PW Insider, NXT is turning both Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly babyface, but Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish won’t turn with them.
- In addition to being a Vince McMahon favorite, WrestleTalk’s sources say Peyton Royce is also over with the locker room. Wrestlers are impressed with the work she’s done to improve in the ring, and her attitude overall.
- Recent call-ups from NXT did not receive new main roster contracts, according to Fightful. New deals will be discussed soon, but the money will be “way, way below” what was being offered last year.
- Heath Slater told TV Insider he’s been contacted by WWE wrestlers who are interested in signing with Impact if or when they get out of their contracts.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said a factor in New Japan President Harold Meij’s exit was that he’d set a goal of $100 million in revenue for the company this year, and there was no way he was going to hit that number without U.S. television. Fightful says the NJPW locker room never “bought in” to Meij’s vision.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.