Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Nia Jax is filming for either a documentary or vignettes related to her return, another sign she should be back on television very soon.
- Io Shirai is “not necessarily happy” with how she’s being used in NXT, according to Observer Radio. That could make her more likely to take the big money Bushiroad plans to offer her and Kairi Sane to return to Stardom.
- Tom Colohue reports that WWE made “more than $13,000,000” from YouTube in 2019.
- Writing for Sportskeeda, Colohue also says a source told him WWE has a lot of interest in signing New Japan’s Jay White.
- There was a lot of speculation about why a tag match featuring Billy Gunn & his son Austin that happened before Dynamite last week didn’t air on this week’s Dark, but multiple sources report it was never supposed to air and was more of try out for Austin.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.