Here's a place to check results and comment along with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)'s New Year Dash!! - happening Monday, January 6, 2020 from Korakuen Hall. The show will air live during the early morning hours for United States audiences, with a replay available an hour after the main show wraps.
NJPW has their own, WWE Network like streaming service, New Japan World which can be subscribed to worldwide and that will broadcast the show. You can access NJW at this link. At current exchange rate, the service is slightly less than $9 per month, and NJPW has a rotating crew including Kevin Kelly, Rocky Romero, “Mr. Juicy” Gino Gambino, and Chris Charlton on hand to provide English commentary on the World service.
That leaves the time difference from Tokyo as the major challenge. With a bell time of 6:30PM in Japan, the broadcast will start at 4:30AM Eastern / 1:30AM Pacific time in the United States.
It should be worth waking up at butt o’clock, however. New Year Dash!! is perhaps most easily described as New Japan’s version of the Raw after WrestleMania— everybody that was on Wrestle Kingdom should be in attendance, you get some unusual matchups out of it, and ideally a big angle or two to boot. And, to add a little more excitement to the mix, the card will be kept secret until the show begins.
Use this space to discuss the show before, during (whenever you watch) and after with the best pro wrestling community on the internet, and we'll update the results as we have them.
- Jushin Liger’s retirement ceremony opened the show, featuring most if not all of the NJ roster, his wife and son, and a video from no less than Antonio Inoki himself.
- Alex Coughlin, Clark Connors, & Karl Fredericks over Toa Henare, Yota Tsuji, & Yuya Uemura by submission with a half-crab from Fredericks on Uemura.
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) over Bullet Club (El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori), Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi), and Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) by pinfall with a schoolboy from Desperado on SHO.
- FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson), Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Kota Ibushi over Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, Tama Tonga, & Tanga Loa) by pinfall with a Kamigoye from Ibushi on Owens.
- Post-match, Tanahashi and Ibushi issued an informal challenge for FinJuice’s IWGP Tag Team Championship.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & Shingo Takagi) over Chaos (Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii) by pinfall with Last of the Dragon from Takagi on Goto.
- Post-match, Shingo cut a promo saying he and Goto are 1-1 and he wants a rubber match with the NEVER Openweight Championship on the line!
- Chaos (Kazuchika Okada, Robbie Eagles, Will Ospreay, & YOSHI-HASHI) over Suzuki-gun (Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, & Zack Sabre, Jr.) by disqualification after Taichi hit Okada with the iron glove.
- Post-match, Suzuki-gun beat the Chaos team down until Jon Moxley showed up to brawl with Suzuki, hitting Death Rider and standing tall.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) over Bullet Club (“Switchblade” Jay White & KENTA) by pinfall with an O’Connor roll from SANADA on White.
- Post-match, Bullet Club beat LIJ down and Switchblade cut a promo about how SANADA isn’t better than anyone else, and KENTA promised to take both of Naito’s titles from him.
Enjoy the show!