Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding New Japan mentioning Chris Jericho’s AEW title as part of their promotion for Sunday’s Jericho/Hiroshi Tanahashi match, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that indicates a change in the relationship between the two companies.
- Meltzer also said Monday’s overrun on Raw was a one-time deal and will not be used every week.
- WWE hopes to have Kairi Sane back to participate in the Royal Rumble match.
- It was Paul Heyman’s idea to run the Randy Orton injury angle at a house show last weekend, per Wrestling Observer. The idea is to put things that affect TV on house shows to help attendance.
- Kane will be Steve Austin’s next guest on Broken Skull Sessions. WWE Network News says that will premiere after next Sunday’s NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool II.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.