Here's a place to check results and comment along with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)'s Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night Two - happening Sunday, January 5, 2020 from the Tokyo Dome. The show will air live during the early morning hours for United States audiences, with a replay available an hour after the main show wraps.
NJPW has their own, WWE Network like streaming service, NJPW World which can be subscribed to worldwide and that will broadcast the show in both English and Japanese. You can access NJW at this link. At current exchange rate, the service is slightly less than $9 per month. For those of you without the ability to subscribe to NJPW World, the show will also be available on FITE TV live as an internet pay-per-view.
That leaves the time difference from Tokyo as the major challenge. With a bell time of 3PM in Japan, the broadcast will start with the pre-show at 12AM Eastern / 9PM Pacific time in the U.S.
It should be worth a sluggish Monday at the office, however. Wrestle Kingdom is the biggest event on New Japan's calendar - whatever the January show from the Tokyo Dome is called, it's NJPW's version of WrestleMania - and they've put together an exciting card worthy of that status.
We have a full breakdown right here, but otherwise use this space to discuss the show before, during (whenever you watch) and after with the best pro wrestling community on the internet, and we'll update the results as we have them.
- Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Chaos (Robbie Eagles, Tomohiro Ishii, & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, & Shingo Takagi) vs. Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe & Toru Yano) & Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Taichi, & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship Gauntlet Match)
- Chaos eliminate Bullet Club by pinfall with the vertical drop brainbuster from Ishii on Owens.
- Chaos eliminate Suzuki-gun by pinfall with a victory roll pin from Eagles on Kanemaru.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon eliminate Chaos by pinfall with Darkness Falls from EVIL on Ishii.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon win, last eliminating Most Violent Players & Ryusuke Taguchi by pinfall with Made in Japan from Takagi on Taguchi to win the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship.
- Hiromu Takahashi & Ryu “Dragon” Lee over Jushin Liger & Naoki Sano by pinfall with Time Bomb from Hiromu on Liger. (Jushin Liger Retirement Match)
- Post-match, NJPW World goes down for everybody for a while and we miss whatever emotional sendoff Liger got.
- Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) over Bullet Club (El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori) (c) by pinfall with a double stomp / Shock Arrow combination on ELP to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship.
- Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) over SANADA by pinfall with the European Clutch to retain the RPW British Heavyweight Championship.
- Jon Moxley (c) over Juice Robinson by pinfall with Death Rider to retain the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship.
- Post-match Minoru Suzuki is here! HE AND MOX ARE BRAWLING! GOTCH PILEDRIVER! SUZUKI GETS ON THE MIC AND GETS IN MOX’S FACE, ASKING WHO HE THINKS HE’S PICKING A FIGHT WITH!
- Hirooki Goto over KENTA (c) by pinfall with GTR to win the NEVER Openweight Championship.
- Post-match we get an interlude breaking down New Japan’s major tour dates for the first half of 2020, and notably this year’s G1 Climax is delayed two months, presumably to allow for the summer Olympics being in Tokyo when the tournament would normally take place.
- “Switchblade” Jay White over Kota Ibushi by pinfall with Blade Runner after a ref bump and extensive interference from Gedo.
- Chris Jericho over Hiroshi Tanahashi by submission with the Liontamer.
- Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Intercontinental) over Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight) by pinfall with Destino to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and retain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship. (Double Gold Dash Match)
- Post-match, Red Shoes Unno presents Naito with both of his title belts and he gets on the mic to cut a promo. He says he’s gonna take the two belts and tranquilo, assenayo, but there’s one thing he wants to say right now. He will never forget this weekend, and with these two belts he’ll walk into the future...
- AND KENTA BLINDSIDES HIM! PENALTY KICK! GO 2 SLEEP! He takes a seat, crosslegged, on Naito’s fallen body and poses with the titles while the Tokyo Dome crowd chants for him to go home!
Enjoy the show!