Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sources told Tom Colohue that Vince McMahon wants to main event WrestleMania 36 with Bray Wyatt vs. Roman Reigns, but Paul Heyman is lobbying for Brock Lesnar & Drew McIntyre to close the show.
- He wasn’t mentioned specifically, but a Performance Center media class being told to not mention Raw or SmackDown talents on social media without their approval sounds like it was in reference to Matt Riddle. PW Insider says the mention “got a big laugh from the NXT talents in attendance.”
- The footage of Edge’s spear on Dolph Ziggler that WWE production didn’t broadcast live during Royal Rumble is being edited into the VOD version, per Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez.
- DDT Pro’s parent company Cyber Agent just announced their purchase of Pro Wrestling NOAH. NOAH is another promotion WWE tried to buy as part of their NXT Japan plans, according to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer.
- Reports continue to come up about Taya Valkyrie’s future, and she continues to shoot down talk she’s headed to WWE or re-signed with Impact.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.