Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon loved the Lana/Lashley wedding, according to a WrestlingNews.co source. The angle is “mapped out for the next few weeks” and “there is some Jerry Springer stuff coming.”
- That site also says Liv Morgan was not originally supposed to be in the story, but was added because Paul Heyman wants to push her.
- A WWE source told WrestleVotes the WrestleMania 36 card is more undecided than it usually is in January, with multiple options still open. That was described as both “refreshing” and “frustrating at the same time”.
- Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, New Japan is off AXS because they turned down an offer to partner with Impact.
- PW Insider reported that MLW is on the verge of signing a major partnership which could “transform the company’s future”. CEO Court Bauer was in Los Angeles recently meeting with potential television and licensing partners.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.