Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per PW Insider, WWE found out late about Andrade’s Wellness Policy violation and the script for Raw had to be changed. They also say Zelina Vega is likely going to be off TV while Andrade is out.
- The Observer says that Paul Heyman is really high on Andrade and he didn’t want him to drop the belt because it was too early in the feud with Humberto Carrillo to do that.
- The hope is that AJ Styles will be back in time for WrestleMania, notes Wrestling Observer Radio.
- According to Dave Meltzer, there’s “a lot of heat” on Matt Riddle right now and the Royal Rumble booking may have been to “teach him a lesson.”
- Meltzer also said it looks like Jerry Lawler, who was originally only supposed to work commentary for the short term, will be sticking around on Raw for the long term.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.