Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Royal Rumble event could get up to two more matches added to it, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- They also say that Andrade vs. Humberto Carrillo is a program WWE wants to build to next as a longer term feud over the U.S. title.
- The Observer notes that the details of AEW’s new second show haven’t been worked out beyond it being one hour.
- They do say that TNT wanted to make Dark the one hour show but AEW wants to leave that as an Internet-only program.
- Marty Scurll was the first choice to be the leader of the Dark Order in AEW, per the WON, before Ring of Honor gave him too good a deal to pass up.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.