Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider is now saying that the next WWE show in Saudi Arabia will be on Feb. 27 and “creative for the event has not been locked in.”
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that Big Show was brought in for the short term as a favor and he won’t be around for long.
- He also said the U.S. championship ladder match set for Raw next week is another big attempt at bringing in ratings.
- Aleister Black is still on track for a big push up the card, which could come sooner rather than later.
- According to the Observer, there’s still no word on when Velveteen Dream will return and his back injury is “pretty serious.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.