Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There is a new movement for wrestlers to get more freedom in promos, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Rey Mysterio notably were given bullet points for promos recently.
- The Observer says WWE is going to attempt to make news on Monday Night Raw this week with a big show against the first Monday night of the NFL and it being the return to Madison Square Garden.
- On that note, Bryan Alvarez mentioned Vince McMahon telling the team of writers in a meeting this week to be really creative.
- They also note that Braun Strowman was given the weekend off from WWE live events.
- The word going around again is that Impact Wrestling could still end up on AXS.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.