Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer reported a big shake-up to WWE’s creative teams: Ryan Ward is out as SmackDown’s lead writer, replaced by former Raw head writer Ed Koskey.
- Koskey’s job on Mondays is being filled by Jonathan Baeckstrom, who was writing 205 Live before Paul Heyman moved him over to Raw upon taking the Executive Director job.
- Former Impact Knockout Scarlett Bordeaux was in Orlando for a WWE tryout this week, according to Squared Circle Sirens.
- Responding to a follower asking about his report on Kacy Catanzaro quitting WWE in light of this tweet, Squared Circle Sirens’ Casey Michael said Catanzaro did quit but WWE is trying to convince her to stay.
- More on the Impact/Killer Kross issue covered in yesterday’s Roundup, Fightful says Impact has “implied to” AAA that they don’t want Kross used on the Madison Square Garden shows the two companies are promoting in a couple weeks.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.