Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite the angle on SmackDown Live this week, the speculation is still that Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan is the plan at some point in the near future.
- Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio said the idea behind the triple threat semifinal in the King of the Ring tournament is to get Ricochet over.
- He also said the main goal for NXT on USA is to hurt AEW.
- Per SI, Marty Scurll’s deal with Ring of Honor is up in November. The obvious speculation is he will depart for AEW.
- PW Insider says that one of the issues between Killer Kross and Impact Wrestling was his refusing to do a blade job at Slammiversary, forcing the company to find fake blood to use the day of the show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.