Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Jerry Lawler will likely only be on Raw “for a short time”, says Pro Wrestling Sheet’s Ryan Satin. Other people are being considered for the spot full-time.
- Satin speculates that Mickie James, who called Main Event last week, could be up for the job.
- Word is that despite not being part of yesterday’s announcement, WWE remains high on Tom Phillips and he should land on a show soon.
- 205 Live’s rumored move to Fridays is only temporary, according to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. He says WWE hasn’t figured out what to do with the show and several options are being kicked around, including ending the show altogether.
- Meltzer also says that Ring of Honor made a great offer to keep Matt Taven, one that’s “about three times what NXT guys make”. PW Insider says Taven’s contract is up at the end of this month. He defends the ROH World title against Rush on PPV tonight.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.