Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- John Pollock noted that Brock Lesnar challenging Kofi Kingston for the WWE championship on the first SmackDown on FOX show had “been in the works for a long time.”
- Eric Bischoff, Bruce Prichard, Michael Hayes, and Ed Koskey ran SmackDown Live this week with Vince McMahon not actually at the show, says PW Insider. He did participate in writing it via telephone, however.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Vince McMahon wanted to bury Cedric Alexander and that explains his recent booking.
- While Kevin Owens has been teased for NXT, if he does appear it’s not expected he would stay there for long.
- Per PW Insider, the current working title for the upcoming WWE show on FS1 is “WWE Backstage.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.