Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is considering adding Buddy Murphy vs. Roman Reigns to the SummerSlam card, says WrestleVotes.
- Bobby Lashley underwent surgery to remove bone spurs from his elbow, per Pro Wrestling Sheet. They say he’s still on track for the previously rumored early November return.
- All Elite’s filed for a trademark on “AEW Revolution” and listed “an television show” among potential uses for it, so many are speculating that could be the name of their TNT series.
- Contradicting a previous report about WWE’s touring schedule after SmackDown moves to Fox Fridays, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that SmackDown will stay on a four day schedule, with a house shows most weeks on Thursday, Saturday & Sunday.
- A report by Tom Colohue for Sportskeeda claims Vince McMahon didn’t want to introduce the Women’s Tag Titles. When he gave in to pressure to announce them there was no plan for them, and the creative team isn’t aware of a current plan, either.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.